Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 215.

Monday, August 3, 2009.

Iowa sunshine is the best. Out here at Mo & Dwight's house in the middle of the cornfields (literally, their backyard is surrounded on two sides by the natural fence of CORN), you just feel more at peace with where your food comes from. Today was the perfect hot. It was low 80s I think, and so we played outside, went swinging (what is the past-tense of swing?) on the big wooden tree swing, and then hit the pool post-Noah's nap. It was delightful.

I am grateful for an afternoon at the pool.

For a summer that has been relatively cool and mild, it felt nice to be hot enough to take a dip. I loved seeing my kids in the water - and it reminded me how much they need swimming lessons. Dylan is a fish at heart, and Jason always attributes that to her waterbirth. :) We all had a great time, and unfortunately, I did not bring my camera, so no pics. I was too busy having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment