Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 216.

Dylan has been making up songs for as long as I can remember - at least a couple of years. Noah has made them up on command - "Ok Noah, YOUR turn to make up a song." But it was never by choice or independent thought. Until today...

I am grateful for Noah's original compositions.

As we drove the 4.5 hours back to Chicago from Iowa today, we got to hear a special gem coming from the backseat. Noah made up quite the little ditty. And of course I can't remember one word of it now, just his sweet little face is imprinted on my mind, beaming and singing and not worrying about a thing in the world. So simple. I hope there are more Noah songs to come.

Oh yeah, and don't think about looking at him or smiling during this musical moment, or it will be abruptly over...from embarrassment.

(Note: Dylan was also listening to Noah's song, and was quick to chime in, "My song is even better than that song." Oh geeeshhh...it's not a competition! We had a little discussion about how all the compositions have merit...)

No comments:

Post a Comment