Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 217.

I made dinner tonight, a typical dinner I would say, and I knew going into it that it might be touch and go whether or not the kids would dig in. It was Sweet and Sour Lentils on brown rice (with a little cheese sprinkled on top to look more enticing), Green Bean Salad with Toasted Walnuts and Parmesan and Pluots. Yes, pluots (have you had them? SO GOOD!)

Anyhow, I knew the pluot was a shoe-in, but the other dishes, questionable.

I am grateful for "The Harbey"*

How to make The Harbey:
1. Rip up your green beans and parmesan and put them on top of your lentils, rice and cheese.
2. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan on top.
3. Take your fork and mash it all down together so it makes one smashed mess.
4. Eat and enjoy.

Honestly, I'm amazed at The Harbey's power. Dylan kept saying (and Noah kept following), "Look, I'm making "The Harbey!" Noah wouldn't TOUCH the green beans by themselves. In The Harbey, they not only got touched but eaten and LIKED! "I like these!" he told me.

Thank you Harbey, for getting my kids to eat healthfully.

*Note: The Harbey was created one night about a month ago when my mom was here, she and I were talking a lot at dinner and Dylan got bored, started mixing everything on her plate together, and actually started eating more than she would have otherwise. This was it's second appearance, I think because the last time the Harbey was here, I had made this same Green Brean Salad with Parmesan.

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome. i love what they come up with.

    ReplyDelete