Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Day 230.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009.

I am grateful for Kiddieland.

At the end of September, Kiddieland (Melrose Park, IL) will close it's doors for good, after 81 years in operation. It's so sad, because it's an amazing park, especially for Dylan's age. She was the perfect age - especially being the daredevil that she is. She's tall enough to ride the big kid rides, but small enough (and interested enough) to ride all the kiddie rides too. They had a BLAST. B.L.A.S.T. We would get off one ride and they would say immediately, "I want to ride something else!!"

Other Kiddieland highlights: Free Pepsi products throughout the park. Log ride - which Dylan did say afterward, "I'm glad that is over." Clean rides, clean floor, clean everything! Nice employees that were running carnival-type rides but were not Carnies. Not throwing up after going on the Tornado, a ride which Dylan loved, and I seriously almost lost my popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment