Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 233.

Friday, August 21, 2009.

I am grateful for patience.

I'm pretty sure that I've used that one before, but it seems the only thing appropriate for today. Today, patience allowed me to:

• listen to "Jesus Loves Me" played over and over again on the Play-Along-Sing-Along press buttons book
• say "no it's not time for another surprise bag" 1,042 times
• wait 61 more miles for a bathroom break
• listen to Dylan yell, "Noah's blowing bubbles with his mouth!! EWWWWWWW!!!" Noah proceeds to blow more bubbles. More yelling. More blowing. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
• comfort Jason as he spilled HOT green tea all over his crotch
• be OK with neither of them taking a nap this afternoon, when I thought they would sleep for a good 2-3 hours each, giving us a break
• take deep breaths when Noah kept crying and calling out "I want YOU!" to me as I was driving and I Couldn't. Do. Anything.
• just exist in the car for 12 hours. Make that 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment