Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 221.

Sunday, August 9, 2009.

My dearest Jason,

Six years ago today I walked down the aisle staring at your smiling face, and took your hands in mine. Six years ago today we read each other our original vows, and cried for the joy that was our union. Six years ago today we promised each other a life of happiness, a life of working for love, in good and bad times.

I am grateful for my marriage.

What I didn't understand then was how deep love can be of too adults who vow to love each other for life. For LIFE. And how this love can grow, even when it gets common, even when we have kids who take over our lives for the time being, even when our priorities seem out of whack and we don't seem to have the right time for each other.

I will always be here for you, no matter what the circumstance. There is no one I would rather share the rest of my life with, looking forward to success, bracing for failures, celebrating happiness and riding out disappointments.

"I do" all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment