Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 222.

Monday, August 10, 2009.

I am grateful for legacy.

Today was the last day of the reunion, and we all said goodbye outside of the Monical's Pizza in Princeton. Monical's was a favorite spot of the Massanari family and I grew up eating there more often than any other restaurant.

Joe and Frances Massanari left an incredible legacy to their descendants. One that my husband and children are just now beginning to understand. One that I weep over every time I think of the details of their life filled with integrity and faith.

The two people who I am proud to call my grandparents are such an inspiration for me. I can't really put into words what they both have meant to me in my life - both growing up alongside them - going to their house after school, playing games, counting on them to bring me my forgotten homework, and now as an adult - remembering their integrity and faith as a guideline for my own life. What shoes to fill, what stories to pass down, what a life I want to live in honor of them.

Thanks Grandpa and Grandma, for believing in me, supporting me, loving me, and showing me what a good life is. I want to be the very best person I can be, in large part to your example.

1 comment:

  1. Missed your blogs!:) and Monicals...mmmm....my favorite!

    ReplyDelete