Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 234.

I was just thinking the other day how Dylan is very interested in asking questions about God, Jesus, heaven, etc. and that Noah hasn't really entered into that verbal spiritual realm yet. Yes, he knows The Lord's Prayer. But he never brings it up on his own.

Today my college friend Emily (we are in Pennsylvania, did I get that across in the last entry?) gave some grapes to Noah. He shortly after asked for some more.
"You like grapes?" she said.
Noah replied, "I like grapes. They make me grow strong, like Jesus."

I am grateful for the spirituality of children.

I don't recall ever calling Jesus "strong." I do talk about grow foods, and eating your good grow foods to grow strong, play hard, have energy, etc. But to put the two together was pure Noah. Jesus is strong. And he knows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment