Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 183.

Day 183.

Today I did a stupid thing. I got up, made some banana bread, unloaded the dishwasher, and we met some friends at the park. Just an ordinary day. Except for that I got a call from a dear friend at 12:30 wondering where we were...you see, we were supposed to meet her for lunch at an amazing little spot, Southport Grocery...at 12:00. :( I didn't write it on my calendar, and therefore, I didn't go.

I am grateful for forgiveness.

I literally felt sick to my stomach when I got her voicemail at 1:30. You see, my phone was dead, so I didn't get the message until later...adding to my mortification. I never do stuff like this. I'm usually so organized with my schedule. But enough excuses, I did do it. And I feel terrible. But lucky for me, I have an amazing friend who made me feel like it wasn't a big deal, and who was more concerned than annoyed that we weren't there.

What I love about gratitude is that when you are grateful for other people's deeds, it inspires you to be a better person. So Sarah, thanks for showing me how to be a good friend. When I'm annoyed with someone's forgetfulness, hurtfulness or incompetence - forgive, forgive, forgive. Life's too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment