Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 190.

Thursday, July 9, 2009.

I am grateful for clean-up time.

I remember a time when I had to pull teeth to get Dylan to clean up. It just didn't happen without a game, a fight, a whine, or me giving up and doing it myself. At some unknown time, things changed, and now I realized it's not so hard anymore to get the playroom picked up. I suppose it's an age thing, cause Noah is in the middle of the "cleaning up means playing with toys as you find them" stage. But one mention of clean-up time and Dylan is at it, putting things mostly in the right places without a fight. I think she finally realizes cleaning up is part of playing. And that, is a huge relief. Check that one off the unwritten list of things you should teach your children before they go to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment