Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sharing Time

Day 116.

Today at church we started a Practicing Faith series, and the first topic was testimony. In the sermon, Pastor Todd talked about how sometimes as individuals we think our own testimony isn't good enough, mountain-top enough, or worthy to share. It got me thinking about my own "testimony" - I don't really think of it like that usually. When I think of that word I think of some major evangelical preacher giving altar-calls and wanting to "hear your testimony!" (close your eyes and picture a booming evangelical preacher-man voice, and then questionable people speaking in tongues or something) But see, my testimony doesn't include a major conversion experience, extreme mountain-top highs and deep valley lows. It could even be described as boring. For me, my testimony is a spiritual journey.

I am grateful for my testimony.

My testimony involves being faithful, trying to live a good Christian life, to be a good sister, daughter, wife, mother, and friend. It involves sinning, repenting, and praying. My testimony involves my church, my community, and my family. It involves doubts - sometimes major, but it also involves hope, the Holy Spirit, and God never giving up on me.

And that, is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment