Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 276.

Saturday, October 3, 2009.

I do love Hyde Park. I know I go on these Hyde Park love binges every once in awhile on this blog, so I guess it's time for another. Just when I get annoyed with city living, I have a lovely day in the neighborhood and feel at home right where I am.

I am grateful for Salonica breakfast.

Salonica is our favorite breakfast spot in Hyde Park - at least it's the best breakfast spot with good service in Hyde Park. Actually - it's one of the best places for customer service in all of HP (which is not saying much since this is one of the neighborhood's biggest faults in my eyes). We had a wonderful morning enjoying eggs, hash browns and sausage (french toast and sausage for the kids) and then headed over to Nichols Park for Halloween in the Park by the Chicago Park District. The kids decorated pumpkins, had hot chocolate, went on a pony ride, and jumped in inflatables. We wrapped up the day at home, enjoying our house and grateful for a day together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment