Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 278.

Monday, October 5, 2009.

Tonight was a potluck at Dylan's school. We got to meet many of the parents in her class, and getting to see everyone in a big room together, kids running around tables and parents chatting it up while they try to keep an eye on their running kids...it was homey.

I am grateful for community.

When I think of what close-knit community that I belong to, I think of my church community. They are the ones I share the most with on many levels. But now, we have this preschool community with whom we share this wonderful nursery school. No one at my church knows what KAM Isaiah Israel is. Nobody at church saw me crying the first day of drop-off and comforted me with stories of their own first born separation troubles. I don't see anyone at church as often as I see these 18 families who share pick-up and drop-off schedules three days a week. I'm not replacing my church community in any way here, but I am adding a really nice dimension to my circle. I feel more tied to my neighborhood because my daughter is in school here. Which also affects my thoughts about future schools/kindergarten options. So, I have a lot of thinking to do. But, in the meantime, I'm enjoying this new found community that was dropped right into my lap.

1 comment:

  1. It is also nice when these communities intersect when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete