Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 302.

I am grateful for kid interpretations.

It's always fun to talk about what daddy does at work all day. Or in my case, what I teach my Bradley Method students. This afternoon, Dylan just started telling me what I would teach my childbirth students tonight. Here is her list of things of teaching points:

1. The first thing you need to do is push the baby out.
2. The second thing is when your water breaks, you have to go to the apartment building to have your baby come out (where did she learn about water breaking?!?!)
3. The third thing is wash your hands every time before you touch the baby.
4. When you don't have a baby, then you lay around and watch TV all day (so that's what you all do who don't have kids!).
5. Take care of your baby lots and lots.
6. And the sixth thing for your baby is you have to milk them.

Childbirth and newborn parenting in a nutshell.

2 comments:

  1. guess you don't have to teach tonight. just send dylan in and you can go watch tv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo your gratefulness! I am also thankful for the laughter that accompanies kid interpretations (expressed appropriately when they are out of earshot...).

    ReplyDelete