Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 297.

Saturday, October 24, 2009.

I am grateful for Karen.

Karen is my mother-in-law and it was her birthday today. She spent some time at the Morton Arboretum with us for Trick or Trees and we helped her celebrate with date bars, some gardening presents Noah helped me pick out, and a smiley face balloon that Dylan picked out.

Thanks, Karen, for loving me like one of your own, opening your arms to me (even when you met me for the first time and I had an eyebrow ring, if you were questioning, you didn't show it!) and for accepting me completely.

You are an incredible grandmother to my two precious babes and they adore you. You get on the floor and play elaborate made-up stories with them and the fisher-price people and last much longer than I claim to. You make them large bowls of ice cream which they adore (and I try to ignore! :)) You buy them special books and extra underwear to have at your house since I always forget an extra pair. You are a wonderful person and a fabulous grandma. Thanks for being you!

No comments:

Post a Comment