Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 244.

Fall is definitely in the air. First day of school for Jason, so that means first day of stay-at-home mommy world again. I have to admit I've been in denial about this day for the last few weeks. It just seemed hard to believe it was coming...already. The summer has flown by with all the busy traveling that we've been immersed in. So, we missed daddy today. But, we had a really great morning meeting to attend to. We met with the director of Dylan's preschool and she and Noah got to play in her preschool room for 30 minutes. Priceless.

I am grateful for preschool excitement.

For a girl who "quit" preschool (according to her) about a month ago, she has certainly changed her tune. She cannot wait to start school. I'm not sure if it's just the severe mommy phase is over, or if it's that her dear friend Calvin is coming back to this class and will be with her, or what it is. But, she's excited and that's all I care about. She reminds Noah on a daily (or more) basis how he won't be going to school with her - and how it's REALLY fun there. Luckily, he doesn't seem to care. I was borderline scolding her for rubbing that in his face, but thanks to my sister, I realized she's totally doing that as a coping mechanism. Each time she tries to make him feel bad, she's really jut convincing herself that it will actually be great, so she doesn't have to be worried/scared/nervous.

I guess, in a way, I'm doing the same thing. I'm talking lots about preschool in a really positive light - to her and to others. And it IS great. But really, I think I'm so vocal because I'm in the process of convincing myself that I'm ready to let go of my firstborn and take her to school!

1 comment:

  1. i can't wait to hear all about her starting up - both for you and for her!

    ReplyDelete