Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Day 264.

Monday, September 21, 2009.

Today was day 2 of preschool with no mama.

I am grateful Dylan (and I) didn't cry.

After the tears on Friday, I was really hoping for a smoother day. We got it, and I am entirely emotionally wiped out from this whole transitional time period. When will this pit in my stomach end?

But, back to the gratitude, she didn't cry, and neither did I. Noah and I had a wonderful time at the library together, just the two of us, and she seemed really fine when we picked her up. We got there a few minutes early and her class was outside on the playground. I have to admit, I was happy to spy a bit, and as I walked past, I saw how she was by herself and singing to herself. Happy, yes, but interacting socially? No. I know that's OK, and I'm not trying to wish something else for her. As long as she's happy, who cares what she's doing in preschool...is how I'm wanting to look at it. But then there's the irrational worrywart in me that makes me think, "do the other kids not like her?" "Is she fun to be around" "Is she too shy in peer situations?" etc. etc. etc.

Sigh. This parenting stuff is hard.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder about Sean while he is in school as well. I suspect he is a fairly different kid there than he is at home-he doesn't really talk about his friends at school, or what he does there, or anything. I think he might be a little more reserved there than he is normally, and that might be a good thing in his case. It's interesting though, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete