Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 248.


Dylan got her new violin today. We had a condo yard sale in the backyard, and she went with Jason to pick it up/get sized by the rental company we are using. She came back holding her little case and I got all teary seeing her walk in like that.

I am grateful for little memories.

I don't know how far she'll go with violin. Maybe she'll only take one semester. Maybe she'll play until she's 15. Maybe she'll play her whole life and be a concert violinist. For today, it doesn't really matter, for this one little memory will be stuck in my head forever. She looked old. Really old. And in a good, confident, happy way. And so I will always remember my little 4.5 year old girl who grew up a little bit more when she got her first violin.

2 comments:

  1. she is too cute with her little violin! awww

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and so exciting! I played the violin for one year in the 4th grade. We couldn't play band instruments in school until 5th grade and so I switched to flute in 5th grade. Playing in the band and orchestra was a big part of my growing up and I am grateful for the experiences I had and the friends I made.

    ReplyDelete