Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 260.

Thursday, September 17, 2009.

I love having a shared backyard in this city condo. It makes the lack of private backyard a little more tolerable. I'd much rather have a lush, large yard where I could grow veggies (in the sun) and a deck to grill out and eat on. My kids love to run, and open private space would be so incredible. But I don't have that.

I am grateful for my backyard.

We spent some time in the backyard this morning, and it was really fun! The special thing about city backyards is that we live within steps of so many other people. There is always a lot going on in our alley, in the condos around us, and today was no exception. Our next door neighbors (not in our building) were out, and they have a five year old son. Drew and his mom were on the porch and because we were out, he came over and played on our swingset for awhile. Fun to be able to have spontaneous 20-minute playdates. That probably wouldn't happen if we were playing in a private enclosed backyard of our own. Let's enjoy the city for a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment