Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day 269.

Saturday, September 26, 2009.

Here I am in Colorado. There are many things to be grateful as I enjoy holding my new niece for the first time, play with my other niece and nephew more than I usually get to, and try to help out my sis. Today though, I'll focus on something I got to do this morning that hasn't happened for a long, long time.

I am grateful for a night alone in a bed with no responsibilities and no one to wake me up.

I love sharing my bed at home with Jason. It's been over six years since I've slept alone. And I'd rather not on a regular basis. But I admit, a double bed to myself last night felt pretty dreamy. And more importantly, no one, repeat NO CHILDREN were there to wake me up. I didn't wonder repeatedly throughout the night: Who will wake up first? Will I have to get out of bed soon? I just enjoyed the sleep. Notice the sun begin to stream in through the window, and roll over and go back to sleep. Divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment