Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 256.

Sunday, September 13, 2009.

I am grateful for my snuggly kids.

We just got back from the Lombard Mennonite Church Retreat at Camp Menno Haven. We had a blast, the weather was awesome, and the company was divine. So fun.

And we camped. I already wrote a post in late July about camping, and I did admit that I liked it and recommended it. But when it came down to it, I was dreading this weekend. I didn't want to camp - I wanted to sleep in a real bed. And so I panicked and called all the hotels in nearby Princeton to see if we could get a room. No dice.

So, we camped. And it was actually fun!! Jason, bless his heart, set up and took down the tent without my help. All I had to do was watch the kids, which was a pretty good trade off if you ask me. So, all I had to do was crawl in and sleep - on an air mattress that was kindly donated to me by the MacGregors - family friends at church. It was a single size, so I figured I'd be sleeping on it alone...right?

Wrong. By 3am, Noah was on there with me, and by 5am, so was Dylan. She was also INSIDE my sleeping bag. With. Me. Really?

My kids were so good though. Even though I was smashed like peanut butter on a sandwich between them, they went back to sleep without a fuss. They just snuggled up to my face, tickling me with their hair, and they closed their eyes.

I might not feel rested this morning, but I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment