Monday, January 5, 2009

"I'm looking for my friends..."

Day 5.
January 5th, 2009

I am grateful for TV.

My children don't watch a lot of TV. Not because I'm stuck up, or think your children are tainted if they do, I just would rather them do a lot of other more imaginative things than sit on the couch. And I see the vegetative state they enter into when they do watch even two minutes of television. So, we stay away except for a token 30 minutes or one show/video per day.

But wow, when you need it, you need it.
And today was one of those days. Days like today is why television was invented.
I woke up with the worst headache of my life. Really, I thought my head was going to explode. And I couldn't open my eyes without wanting to stab at my skull. So, I laid on the couch for awhile, and they were troopers reading books, playing near me. But that didn't last forever. Once I had taken sufficient pain relievers and made it to the kitchen for some nourishment, i just needed 30 minutes of peace. Thank you Sid the Science Kid.

1 comment:

  1. We have that same general rule here too, and Sid is one of the shows that makes the cut. Sean likes it, and he seems to have picked a few "scientific" things up from it. And also a song that has a line that goes something like "my mom is cool." I can't argue with that!

    ReplyDelete