Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009

Day 1.

I'm starting this new blog to count my blessings as a mom of two young children. I know that I have so much to be grateful for, to thank God for. And sometimes, amidst the craziness of life with two demanding and wonderful little people, I forget these simple things.

So, here I am starting a new year's resolution to be grateful for something every day, related to my mothering journey.

We're in Colorado visiting my sister's family for New Years. My whole family is here, and so today:

I am grateful for grandparents.

I tried to get Dylan down for a nap for about an hour with no luck. Jason tried, no luck. My mom volunteered to go lay with her, and I sighed deep with relief. And it worked. My mouth dropped open as she exited the room. And now I have time to do things like prepare for dinner (I'm making Arroz con pollo, black beans and homemade corn tortillas for the fam for dinner), start my new blog, and just relax. Ahhh, grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment