Friday, January 9, 2009

Snow Much Fun

Day 8.
January 8, 2009

The one great thing about snow is sledding.

I am grateful for snow, but only because without it, there would be no sledding.

Today we (I) needed to get out of the house. I was sitting inside thinking about our lack of Vitamin D in the past month and made up my mind.

So, I bundled up both kids mid-morning: snow pants, puffy coats, hats, mittens, winter boots and all and we took the sled to the park! Yes, I pulled them in the sled down the sidewalk (or they walked when the neighbors did too good of job shoveling) the two blocks to Promintory Point and then I pulled them around the grassy open. We then headed over to the viaduct that runs under Lakeshore Drive - and we sledded down the hill that leads up to the drive. It was so fun. They had a blast riding down and I got a good workout helping them climb back up to the top and start all over again.

We rounded out or winter outdoor fun by hitting the playground and swinging in the snow, going down the slide into the snow and Dylan even did the ice-covered balance beam!

What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment