Monday, February 2, 2009

Family Babysitters

Day 33.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning with a new endocrinologist...trying to figure out if I have a thyroid disorder...or not. That's not the point of my post.

My mother-in-law, Karen, came over to watch the kids while I took the drive north to the Northwestern Medical Campus.

I am grateful to have family close enough to babysit for us.

Wow, what a blessing to have your mom-in-law come to your house and just do her thing with the kids for three and a half hours. I don't have to give instructions. Don't have to set out food to eat for lunch. Don't have to give emergency numbers.

And the kids have the time of their lives. I don't sit at the appointment worrying about if they are being attended to. They just are. And, they are being loved at the same time.

Thanks, Karen, for driving into the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment