Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Light

Day 42.

Balance!

When I woke up this morning, I wanted to be anywhere but in my own shoes (bare feet). I didn't want to bring raring-to-go-children into my bed at 5am. I didn't want to find breakfast for my son who wakes me up every morning with "Mommy, I hungeey!!" I didn't want to play "mommy and dear" with Dylan in the first ten minutes after getting out of bed. I didn't want to even "make" orange juice for anyone - that involved washing the pitcher and...effort. For some reason, I woke up resentful, and I felt like I a servant, not a member of the family.

I don't remember the moment I turned my focus from annoyance to blessings. Maybe it was coloring Valentine's cards together with the kids after breakfast (what is it about coloring that I find so soothing...). Maybe it was the anticipation of Jason being home five days in a row after today (thank you Lincoln's Birthday, teacher comp day and President's Day!). Maybe it was art school - I love that place. Maybe it was God's grace.

I am grateful for a day of balance, love and all-day gratitude.

I felt the balance today. The kids were happy and I was happy. We did art projects and I kept my house relatively clean. I did some laundry and I played some dollhouse. We had friends over and everyone played so nicely together. No real battles.
It was even raining, dreary and dark outside all day. But in our home, light was abundant.

No comments:

Post a Comment