Sunday, February 22, 2009

Play is fun again

Day 53.

I don't know if it was my admitting my lack of enjoyment in pretend play or divine help that allowed me to revel in play the last few days. I have been able to sit and enjoy playtime to a level that has not happened for a long long time. I can play ponies with Dylan and actually have fun an not think of the five things I should be doing instead.

I think part of it might have a little to do with feeling like Dylan is getting so old lately, and kind of mourning the thought of her starting school. It's not happening tomorrow, but I'm just realizing that I'll see that day as a goodbye on many levels. So, I've been not taking little moments for granted these days. Trying to plan less, go less places, and just play together.
Today,

I am grateful for patience.

I'm sure tomorrow it won't be the same, so I won't increase my expectations. But instead, I'll be grateful and happy and enjoy every moment that Dylan and Noah and I have together. And hope this patience-kick lasts a little while longer...

1 comment:

  1. i know, after visiting preschools and talking so much to you and others about anya growing up, i too have been a little more into the play this week and am trying to cherish these moments and appreciate them for how special they are. love you.

    ReplyDelete