Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 163.

Since Noah was born over two years ago, Jason and I have not had a night away from both children. It hasn't been exactly intentional, but it's not like volunteers are lining up at the door..."Excuse me, can I please overnight babysit your two young children who still frequently wake up at night?"

I am grateful for a break.

I feel a ton better today than I did yesterday. I'm still weak and tired, but feel like I'm almost myself again. And just in time. I know I'm trying hard not to look forward to things this year as much as I usually do - to just stay present in my daily moments and be grateful for things as they are - even if that means being grateful for the most lame and seemingly unimportant thing. But I admit, I was really looking forward to this weekend. And I know my kids were too. And being such a planner, it's hard for me to suddenly adjust my expectations to something much less fun - what? Stay home and not have two nights sans kids to see one of my best friends from college get married?!?! No thanks.

So, I'm putting on my game face. And I'm getting this break...even if my energy level isn't quite what I expected it to be...I'm just grateful I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment