Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 173.

Monday, June 22, 2009.

Ahhhh, the cabin. There is nothing quite like spending your days and nights in the middle of the woods. Breathing in nature is something I need, more than I realize until I have it again, and then I'm shocked by how much I missed it.

I am grateful for trees.

The city does not have trees, minus the wonderful Chicago parks, which I adore and am extremely grateful for. But on streets, in neighborhoods, in general, trees are at a minimum. It's funny - whenever I leave the city, that's often the FIRST thing I notice about a suburb or another place I visit - the trees.

So, surrounded by trees today, even though I only went outside once to go for a run (it was 94 degrees and 1000% humidity), I felt peaceful and at home. Thanks mom and dad for building an incredible retreat that truly helps me recharge, on many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment