Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 169.

Thursday, June 18, 2009.

I have a problem with children's books. Don't get me wrong - I love them...a little too much probably. I get so excited to go to the library and pick out new books - and it's all I can do to let my children choose their own books and not me.

But, part of my problem is that I'm constantly wishing I was a children's book author and illustrator. I think it's been an inner desire my whole life, and was especially cultivated in the Children's Literature course I took in college. It was one of my most favorite classes...ever.

I have many favorite authors, but today,

I am grateful for Amy Krouse Rosenthal.

I am especially grateful for three of her books that have made my and my kids' lives better.







Thanks Aunt Jeanie for introducing us to the last one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment