Sunday, June 28, 2009

Day 178.

Saturday, June 27, 2009.

My kids have never been to a carnival or fair. They rode the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier and carousels at malls, but that's about it as far as rides go. I should have know how much they would love this stuff - both of their parents are thrill-seekers (in the amusement park sense).

I am grateful for carnies.

If there were not carnies, there would be no carnival rides. And what child should not experience "Dizzy Dragons" or the "Fun Slide?" Mind you - when I was a kid (did I seriously just say that?) - these rides were not $3.00 each. I guess this is why you stop at two kids.

So this evening we attended Geneva's Swedish Days with our dear friends the Laws. Our kids had a blast and especially enjoyed the crazy jumping thing where they got to get strapped in and bungee up and down on a trampoline for 2.5 minutes...for the small price of $6.00 each. That was actually a bargain - the looks on their faces were worth three times that. I only regret that I did not have the video camera. Dylan might as well have been floating her way up to heaven - she looked that happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment