Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 176.

Thursday, June 25, 2009.

We have to leave the cabin today, and we are all a little sad.

I am grateful for my parents' cabin.


What a wonderful place to retreat to. It is the right amount of "on the grid" and "off the grid" for me. We didn't have internet, which for Jason and I, who usually spend our evenings dual-laptoping form the couch, it was a good break. My cell phone didn't work out there either, which was probably a blessing too.

So, we played together, ate together, washed dishes together, hot tubbed together, and slept together. It was fun, and it was simple. I hope someday we might live closer, so that we can visit the cabin more often. Until then, our special visits a couple of times each year are all that much more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment