Friday, May 29, 2009

1,2,3,4.

Day 149.

We went to an awesome park today that I remembered loving from last year when we visited in a semi-warm season. It had a splash pad there too which was surprisingly on! And it turned out to be a hot day in Colorado. We were NOT prepared to splash - we did not have swimming suits, swim diapers, towels, changes of clothes, or more sunscreen. So, we decided to have Lara run home and get the necessities and come back.

The only issue - I had to stay there and watch four kids at once at a huge park with tons of people there. Kind of scary.

I am grateful to not lose either of my children or my niece or nephew.

Nothing bad at all happened today while Lara was gone. No one got hurt, lost or even cried. But I admit it was stressful watching four kids. Remember how I keep talking about how I want four kids....hmmmm.... I kept finding myself counting, 1,2,3,4. 1,2,3,4.

Some days isn't that what you just have to boil it down to? Ok, so-and-so threw a tantrum, I lost my cool and yelled in front of a crowd of people, someone had an accident when they couldn't get to the potty on time. Some days - looking at the whole picture - you get overwhelmed at the frustrations. But at least you didn't lose anyone. No one got hurt. And somewhere in there, you even managed to have a little fun.

1 comment:

  1. Lately it feels like that's what MOST days boil down to - is everyone clothed, fed, and still alive? Then the day was a success.:)

    ReplyDelete