Monday, May 4, 2009

Bixler

Day 124.

We went to the park this morning. It felt good to get out, get some fresh air, and a little exercise. We walked to our favorite neighborhood spot, Bixler playlot. It was pretty empty this morning and we had the run of the place. We did see some friends of ours from Bible Study which was fun - so we got to run around with them for awhile.

I am grateful for the Chicago Park District.

For all my frustrations with Chicago government (which largely stem from the amount of ridiculous parking tickets I have received), I am overly pleased with the Chicago Park District. They do a lot of good things for us Chicagoans, and having fairly clean, well-kept parks is one of them. Yes, there are parks that get neglected more than others. Swings will stay broken all summer long. But, Bixler is well taken care of. It is a neighborhood hot spot, and a great meeting place for friends.

If you can't have your own backyard (private one at least), then at least we can have city parks. And it's better for me anyways to walk a mile to get there than it would be for me to just step out my back door.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so with you on this one. I signed Sean and Meg up for (between the two of them) swimming, tee ball, and soccer-for a grand total of $65!! It's such a bargain, and the classes are a lot of fun.

    I'm also a big fan on the parks themselves, as well as places like Garfield and Lincoln Park Conservatories, and all the other bigger name attractions. Yay CPD!

    (PS-I hope we get to see you guys sometime soon!)

    ReplyDelete