Monday, May 18, 2009

light in the darkness

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 137.

I'm drained. I don't have the energy or desire to go into details. But, what I do have the energy to do is to explain just a bit why I'm still grateful.

I am grateful for the Spirit.

Some of my most significant times in church have been when I was moved to tears and could just feel the Holy Spirit permeating my whole being. When this happens, it usually isn't an easy feeling. I feel overwhelmed, with love, confession, forgiveness and hope - all at the same time.

One of those times happened yesterday at our church meeting. The air was literally thick with the Spirit. It was an incredibly hard gathering for me, and even much harder for others in the room. Yet, I still felt all of those aforementioned things. Love for my congregation and for God. A deep call to confession, on behalf of myself and the whole congregation. Forgiveness weaving throughout the room, touching us all. And hope - that we will make it through this - even in this brokenness. Through it all, God's will for our congregation will be our guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment