Monday, May 18, 2009

these shoes were made for walking

Day 138.

These shoes were made for walking, that's what I'm gonna do. And one of these days these shoes are gonna walk all over you. Ok, so they're asics walking shoes. I got them a few years ago in an attempt to enjoy walking more/be more comfortable while doing it. I would love to be a runner, but can't seem to get out and run as much as I would like (and to be honest don't enjoy it all that much when I do it), so I try to walk a lot. We walk to the park, we walk to the library, we walk to the store, we walk to ballet. Usually not all in one day - but today we did! Yes, I'm tired. And my feet?

I am grateful for blisters.

So the shoes suck after a day full of walking. My left shin hurt through most of it, and now I have mild blisters over the bottom of my feet. Hmmmm. Maybe it's time for some new comfortable athletic shoes.

But, blisters at least are telling me that I got out there today. The weather was perfectly in the low 60's, and I was determined to take advantage of my urban setting. It really does bother me when I drive places in the neighborhood. Like I should be ashamed when someone steps out of my car when I only live 7 blocks away. Maybe I should be ashamed! Not when it's 10 degrees outside, maybe, but 60? No excuse.

Now, I just have to get used to leaving 30 minutes early to go somewhere and build that into my planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment