Saturday, May 16, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance

Day 136.

Yesterday I was nursing you to sleep. Pureed sweet potatoes were your favorite food and I couldn't wait until you started crawling. Really, it does seem like yesterday. Today, you had your first dance recital. Are you kidding me? I have a child who is old enough to be in a dance recital? When did that happen?

I am grateful for this reminder that life moves quickly.

Yesterday I was waiting for you to grow up, to be old enough to play by yourself, to be old enough to take to movies. Today, I'm just wishing I could rewind a bit, take in every moment again, and still be here in this moment, to be moved to tears by your very first ballet dance on stage. Dylan, you will always be my baby.

1 comment:

  1. Now you know how I felt at your first violin recital and Lara's first piano recital.

    ReplyDelete