Friday, May 15, 2009

the Sitdown

Day 135.

We had takeout with my parents tonight - they are in town for Dylan's first ballet recital tomorrow morning. I was excited to try a new restaurant in our neighborhood, The Sitdown Cafe and Sushi Bar. It's a very strange combination of Italian food and sushi. Wouldn't think they could do both good, right? VERY WRONG.

So, our food was fantastic, and the service over the phone I received helping me decide which items were gluten/dairy free, was phenomenal - for hyde park it was unheard of!

And to my extreme surprise...

I am grateful for a restaurant in my neighborhood that has gluten-free options!

Yes, that deserves an exclamation point. And they even take food intolerances/allergies seriously! They printed me out a gluten-free menu and included it with our order - and get this - gluten free pizza, gluten free BRUSCHETTA, and gluten free sandwiches. WHOA. I'm in serious GF heaven. The only sad thing was that I didn't know any of this - so I ordered all sushi and then salivated over the rest of the menu. I guess I know where we're eating tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment