Thursday, March 26, 2009

Home safe and sound

Day 85.

Thursday, March 26, 2009.

Everytime I travel somewhere of significant distance (more than 2 hours by car), on a plane, a train, etc. I think of traveling merices...and how grateful I am to travel safely. Maybe I remember when I drove back to college each time and had to make sure I called my mom to tell her I made it safely. I'm definitely asking my kids to do that someday.

Today we drove the 2.25 hours (that turned into 2.75 hours because I HAD to take a detour to Steak and Shake for a diet caffeine-free vanilla coke and skinny fries) back from Champaign.

I am grateful for safe travel.

We made it home by 5:00 and I had to teach my Bradley class in our living room two hours later. Something about having extra precious cargo sleeping in the back seat that makes me slow down and really watch the road carefully. I used to be a signifcant speeder...not so much anymore with my kids in tow.

No comments:

Post a Comment