Friday, March 27, 2009

Writing things down, checking them off

Day 86.

Dylan had a mild fever today and was more loungy than I've seen her maybe ever? She wasn't that sick I don't think - but she seriously acted like a sick teenager. All she wanted to do was lay on the couch/her bed and watch TV, whine and complain about how hot or cold she was.

While I hate to see my kids sick, I have to admit there is some relief in this less-energetic Dylan. While I'm still exhausted from all the whining and neediness, I got a lot more done today around the house than is normal.

I am grateful for checking things off my to-do list.

Maybe it was the almost 2 straight hours of TV I let them watch (where Noah proceeded to fall asleep on the couch while watching for a good 45 min)...this was unheard of...but I just kept thinking of my sick days at home as a kid and how nice it was to just veg out and watch USA game shows. So, I let some of the normal rules slide. I think my dear friend Megan once told me TV was MADE for sick days - whether that be your own or the kids. Maybe you didn't say that, Megan, but I am going to pretend you did and justify my actions.

I made numerous annoying phone calls (you know the ones: insurance companies, doctor's offices, amazon.com return department, etc.), caught back up on dishes after being out of town, cleaned out my coat closet, and assembled a coat tree from Ikea!

Check. Check. Check. Check.

Dylan, I'm so sorry you're sick. But, I'm enjoying this productive day. Off to assemble a mud bench for the foyer...

No comments:

Post a Comment