Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Thoughts on my bday

Day 90.

Sometimes I get mistaken for a high school student. Or, if I am with my kids, I often get..."So, are you nanny or mom?" (with an emphasis on nanny, and a questioning look on mom as in, "Good God, you couldn't be their teen-mom!)

I guess that's what I should be grateful for...that I look so vibrant and youthful, right? Hmmm...maybe when I'm 40, I'll wish I looked 12 years younger - but not now. I turned 29 today, and truth be told, I'm glad I'm closer to 30. Yes, someday I might get to be a young, chipper grandmother because I had kids early. But right now, I feel 30. Heck, I feel at least 35. So, if I don't feel in my 20's...I might as well not be in them. The 30's are the new 20's anyhow...right?

I am grateful to be another year older!

And, special just for my birthday...a second round of gratitude:

I am grateful to my mom for birthing me 29 years ago tonight.

I know how hard that is now, twice over...and I salute you for bringing me into this world. Thanks mom.

2 comments:

  1. My pleasure, believe me!!! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. My experience is that each decade is better than the one before. Have fun!

    Rebecca B.

    (Your mom told me about your blog.)

    ReplyDelete