Saturday, March 21, 2009

Oven Barbecued Chicken

Day 80.

Growing up as a Mennonite, you learn about the More with Less cookbook, and how to cook with it often to save money and the earth's resources. I got my own copy at my wedding shower, and many women marked their favorite recipes along with tips they had for me. Today, I use the cookbook often and love making the recipes marked especially for me to check out.

The modern Mennonite cookbook is Simply in Season. I use it a lot, especially this past summer when I had many crazy veggies in my CSA box that I didn't know what to do with. The cookbook is divided into seasons, and as you might expect, uses seasonal produce in the recipes so you are saving money and saving the earth's resources...in the same light of More with Less.

I am grateful for the Simply in Season cookbook.

Tonight I made the Oven Barbecued Chicken, and although it doesn't have seasonal produce in it...it is still a great recipe, and is almost as great as BBQ chicken on the grill - in fact it's way more moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment