Thursday, March 12, 2009

Our Father...

Day 71.

Routines. Traditions. Practices. Call it what you want, but praying before bed together with my children is hands down my favorite part of the day.

Thanks to my friend, Amy (from Bible Study), who told us about her daily prayer/bible time with her twin 3.5 year old boys. I started saying the Lord's Prayer with my kids right before bed a couple of weeks ago. Dylan, especially, immediately took to it, and began requesting it every night (even though we were going to do it anyway). I started off having them (her) repeat after me a couple of words at a time, then it went into repeating phrases, and now the past few nights she has been able to do it with me in sync. I am jealous of her speedy memorization skills.

I am grateful for The Lord's Prayer.

Here is a clip from lunch today - on her own Dylan decided she was going to teach Noah how to say it - and Noah was a pretty enthusiastic student. She would say phrases and and he would repeat them (with her gentle encouragement). But then once I grabbed the camera she started getting frustrated with him. So then they just started over and said it in unison. Pretty cool that this is only after about two weeks of saying it once a day. I'm going to start having her memorize classics.

No comments:

Post a Comment